- Save money: As a member, you will save $.25/ pound on ALL specialty grains. Since we sell in bulk, you only need to buy what you need. You will also get our LOWEST price point ($2.50) on ANY 1 oz pkg of hops.Feel free to compare these prices with on-line suppliers.
- No Shipping: Since we've already paid the shipping, you don't have to.
- Convenience: You'll love our great selection of Brewing equipment, Kegging equipment, Whole Grains, Malts, Extracts and Hops. If we don't have what you need in stock, we'll do our best to get it for you.
- Customer Service:We stand behind everything we sell. We value each and every one of our customers and we do our best to make your brewing experience the best it can be. Feel free to call ahead or email your grain bill to us and we will have your order waiting for you!
- Buying Local: You work hard for your money! Why not keep your dollars here in the community. Buying locally is good for our local economy, plus you'll help a small business to Grow: That's good for US AND YOU. The more we grow, the better your brewing experience can be!
Our new location will start to draw down the amount of furniture that we sell so we can concentrate on Wine and Beer making supplies. We're excited about the new direction we're taking and would love to share so come and see us!
1409 Myrtle St, Sioux City, IA 51103
Are you ready to try Home Brewing? Are you looking for the perfect gift?
We are offering a Home Brew Starter Equipment Kit and your choice of 1 of 3 ingredient kits for $180.00!
Gabe, (now our head Web Designer), was actually one of Wine and Other Old Things' first customers for beer making supplies. Back when we started selling supplies at the "The Whistle Stop Consignment Shop" Gabe contacted Lea with this email and, with a little resourcefulness, she came through with everything on the list. She recommended a new soda canister as opposed to a used one for reliability and a fresh CO2 canister for safety and clean CO2. Gabe said he's not much for doing dishes so for him the kegging process has been a lot more enjoyable than bottling.
This is the great thing about working with someone local when ordering your brewing supplies. You don't have to go through the process alone. Wine and Other Old Things is there to help. The list above is a great start to you home brewing setup, just add a large boil kettle with a paddle to stir and you are ready to make beer lots of flavors at the store to choose from. Gabe has since then been a regular at the shop and has upgraded quite a bit to a 20 gallon all grain brewing system. You can follow him on Facebook, search iBrewalot.com or feel free to send him an email with questions. When asked about brewing he says, "Its a hobby that creates community between brewers and people who enjoy good beer. I have yet to meet an angry brewmaster! Lea has been a great source for finding the things I need fast."
Make sure to call or email with your request. We'd love to help you out!
Call Lea at 712-574-6862
Gabe's Recommendations for a beginner:
1 six and a half gallon glass carboy(primary fermentor to give room for a 5 gallon batch to bubble)
1 five gallon glass carboy(secondary fermentor where you can add your dry hops and flavors)
Hydrometer and flask (ABV testing) a thief can help extract wort for testing
Floating Thermometer (easier to find in a boiling pot)
siphoning equipment (cleaner and less sediment extraction from primary)
Airlock with rubber stopper (have an extra on hand)
Star San Sanitizer(or like product, some people prefer the iodine version without bubbles)
Grain bag (comes with most kits but I like to have extra)
Soda canister and CO2 kit
7-10 gallon boil kettle with a paddle or long spoon to stir (steam can get hot)
Find him and his fellow brewers on Facebook!